Saturday, January 2, 2010

This time it's for real

Sorry to those of you that I directed to the tumblr blog. That didn't work out so well. So, here at last, is the REAL new blog. Come visit http://splitfocus.wordpress.com/. As my last post indicated, we're deep in production (now actually nearing the end) in our second film, called The Experiment, we've got a new office, and we're moving forward on a new film Fermilab has hired us to make to promote parts of their enormous facility not involved with the search for the Higgs boson. Really cool stuff like a dark energy camera, neutrino oscillations, and the mysterious "Project X."

So, with all that going on, The Atom Smashers and this blog has taken something of a back seat. And I was sitting here thinking of how to address this, I suddenly realized it would make perfect sense to close the book on this blog and open another --- not just based on The Experiment, but about everything: our new film, the Fermilab project, The Atom Smashers' continued success, developments in the sciences, documentary filmmaking, teaching young filmmakers, co-running a non-profit arts group with an interesting cast of characters, a little bit of politics, a good chunk of media, and some random thoughts... everything.

I think you'll like it. So bookmark it and I'll see you over there!

Best,

Clayton

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Claiton!
Sorry for my English, its not perfect. But you write really great. Your understanding of what is Cern is so beatyfull that its more then reality. That s why, it s correct.
Few days ago I also was there. I am a Russian jornalist, but I live in Germany. I am going to write about it to my magasin.
I am happy that I have read your posts, some of them, because your feeling about planet Cern and its people is so look like mine.
Good luck to You

Yours Adel Kalinichenko
http://boja-korovka.livejournal.com/